College Uniform – Wear It With Pride
The school community opinion has reflected our need to take pride in being a member of the college. Our school Council recently endorsed again the correct wearing of the college uniform. This extract from the college Uniform Policy reflects some of the reasons why the community has adopted a uniform for all students.
- To promote equality amongst all students.
- To further develop a sense of pride in, and identification with our school.
- To maintain and enhance the positive image of the school in the community.
Please take the time to read carefully over the following expectations. Our dress code is consistent with the DEECD’s Effective Schools Are Engaging Schools – Student Engagement Guidelines and with Preston Girls Secondary College’s Student Engagement Policy.
What is the College Uniform?
The College has a compulsory uniform for all students.
- The Summer Uniform is worn in Term 1 and Term 4 – the 1st November all students must be in Summer Uniform.
- The Winter Uniform is worn during Terms 2 & 3 – the 27th May all students must be in Winter Uniform.
- Year 12 students have an optional jacket each year.
College blazer or spray jacket. No other jacket is permitted.
All year round
College purple woollen jumper. Black lace up or T-Bar school shoes (no runners).
Head Scarf – Students are only allowed to wear a blue headscarf that can be purchased from the school front office for $10.00.
Below are samples of approved shoes with suppliers and an approximate cost.
Spend-less Shoes – OLIVE $59.99
Big W – Unisex Leather $29.75
$39.95 – $49.95
$39.95 – $49.95
Flat heeled black leather (or imitation leather) lace-up school shoes preferred.
No stripes of any colour and no boots permitted.
Selected from official College list as provided.
T-Bars are only permitted if they are buckled up, broken buckled need to be replaced for safety reasons.
Purchasing School Uniforms
All students must wear official college uniform only. Students and parents will have the opportunity to purchase items from the school shop more conveniently.The Second Hand Uniform Shop is now open at the College at Lunchtime 1pm – 2pm on the following dates:
Buxwear Direct, our designated Uniform supplier, is the sole supplier of our uniforms. Their details are listed below:
218 Settlement Road,
Thomastown VIC 3072
Phone (03) 9464 7555
Fax (03) 9464 7566
Should there be any concerns, please refer to the Sub-School Manager. We are always willing to assist where possible should there be financial difficulties in acquiring the correct college uniform.
Reminder to Parents & Students
Full details about School Uniforms are contained in the College Diary, but you are particularly asked to note the following:
- White knee-high socks with summer uniform. Grey stockings only with the winter skirt. No legwarmers at any time.
- Students are only allowed to wear a blue headscarf that can be purchased from the school front office for $10.00.
- A College jacket is available for purchase from the Uniform Shop. No other garments may be worn in coming to, from or while at school, with the exception of the Year 12 jacket.
- The only acceptable school pants are those purchased from the Uniform Shop.
Please see our School Uniform Shop operating times
With the impact of the colder weather parents are reminded that students have the option of wearing the college blazer or waterproof jacket over their school jumper. Apart from the official year 12 top, hoodies and other tops/jackets are not permitted to be worn to school.
A small selection of second-hand uniform items are available. Please contact our Office to enquire about availability. Families who experience difficulty with purchasing the compulsory uniform may be eligible for assistance. An example would be unemployment. In such a situation families should contact Preston Girls.